Search This Blog

Monday 10 June 2013

3 ingredient Protein Pancakes

I don't know about you but my fav weekend treat is PANCAKES! Thats right the secret is out...I am a nutritionist who LOVES pancakes!  If there is one thing I love more then pancakes, its convenience.  When I wake up on a Saturday I am not a fan of taking an hour to make breakfast, but I expect a breakfast that tastes so fabulous that it took an hour to prep.  So this past weekend I "unfortunately" had to make and eat pancakes everyday for breakfast to make this recipe just right for you. The best part is.....it only uses 3 ingredients....thats right....THREE! Here we go:

1/3 cup of soaked buckwheat (overnight) in 1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
add 1/4 cup of water
1tbsp of protein powder (vanilla or chocolate flavor, I use Vega performance protein but any one will do, you want a flavoured on to make it taste better just watch what your proteins are flavoured with)
Put all these ingredients in a blender (or I use a magic bullet because its a small serving) and blend for about 5 mins or less.
Then pour on a frying pan, flipping when bubbles form and it starts to cook through, make sure to spread batter thinly across frying pan because it wont cook through if its too thick.
This recipe will make about 4 medium sized pancakes.
To add a little more of a punch to your pancakes you can dress them up by using a nut butter spread or maple butter, add fruit (berries, bananas), or make your own berry drizzle by boiling a couple tbsp of maple syrup with frozen berries, or you can use plain old straight from the tree maple syrup, but they  are always good just by themselves too!
Enjoy your easy Sunday breakfast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment