Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Mung bean Squash Soup

Tis the season! I have been saying that since fall started…which was only like a week ago!  And this season brings SQUASH!  I have been going sqush crazy since they have come into season and trying all the kinds I haven’t before (I encourage you all to do the same).  Another thing that comes along with this season is warm comforting food, one of those foods being soup.  Below is the soup recipe I threw together with one of my new discovered squashes.

In a stalk pot put:
10 Cups of water
Half of a chopped squash  peeled(I used buttercup squash)
3 carrots chopped
3 celery stalks chopped
1 cup of dry mung beans
½ cup of millet
2tsp of salt
4 basil leaves
3 tsp of ginger
2 tsp of tumeric
1 tsp of cumin
Let it all boil for about 40 mins
Then let simmer for 20-30 mins, make sure squash is cooked all the way through.

Serve and enjoy! Or you can pour it into mason jars and keep it in the fridge for later, just pour it back into a pot and reheat.


No comments:

Post a Comment